Individuals who are chronically sick or disabled and whose products are for personal use, or charities where the products are made available to a disabled person for their own use, may be eligible for VAT relief.
To get the product VAT free your disability has to qualify. For VAT purposes, you are disabled or have a long-term illness if;
- You have a physical or mental impairment that affects your ability to carry out everyday activities, for example blindness.
- You have a condition that is treated as chronic illness, like diabetes.
- You are terminally ill.
You do not qualify if you are elderly but able-bodied, or if you are temporarily disabled.
In order to claim VAT exemption, the government requires a declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. All we need to know is the name, address and disability of the person the item is for. All completed VAT declarations will be validated by HMRC. If at a later date HMRC disputes the validity of the medical condition, you will be liable to pay the appropriate VAT that should have been applied. Under these circumstances, Tiacare Ltd reserve the right to demand that you pay the amount that is due.
Look out for the “VAT exempt” on certain products when browsing our site.
For more information visit www.gov.uk
How to apply VAT exemption to your order
- Add the goods to the basket
- View your basket
- Proceed to checkout
- Fill in your Billing & Delivery details
- Below the delivery address you will find “Are you eligible for VAT Exemption”
- There are 3 options – No, – Disability VAT Exemption – Charity VAT Exemption
- Select the option that applies to you or the person you are buying for
- If you select one of the VAT Exempt options fill in the relevant information
- Once the information is completed this will automatically remove the VAT
Installation service available
For orders over £50 excl. vat
Find something special in our daily sales
100% Secure Shopping guaranteed